Top 10 Things I Do When I Procrastinate:
- Something, anything else.
- Check email.
- Clean house.
- Read a book.
- Putter in the yard.
- Re-arrange the living room.
- Go browsing. I can’t shop, I have no money!
- Write about procrastinating.
So what am I avoiding tonight?
- The Dinner Hour chaos
- Grading papers
- Working out…but I’m going to do it really I am!
- The paper pile on my desk
- Making the kids clean their rooms (that’s always a fun experience)
- Cleaning my bedroom (why does it have to be the depository for every unwanted or undetermined possession we have? Isn’t that what the garage is for?)
- Grocery shopping
- Following up on kids who are procrastinating on chores, homework and room cleaning.
- Maybe a little bit of life (I’m kind of in a little bit of a funk, I guess. Not sure why. I’m not really unhappy about anything, though. I mean, I ended last month with a $6.28 balance in my checking account which is pretty awesome considering it took me a year to catch up from making payments on two homes (this one and the travel trailer I evacuated to before the ceasefire was ordered). It’s also a good thing since last month was Christmas and well since I’m on a cash only basis that made everything much tighter. To some that might be deplorable, but to me, it just means I’m not starting the year out behind or further in debt and that’s a very good thing for me. So, I don’t get the funk, or the procrastination other than to say that it might be a bit of a minor collapse after the tense week I had last week.
Okay, so enough about me. You know you procrastinate too. What do you do when you procrastinate? And what are you avoiding right now?